The Hitchcock Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1947. The Volunteer Fire Department began in on old tin building that was located on its present site on Second Street. The property was donated by C.A. "Happy" Clausen, the first Fire Chief and his sister, Nora Tacquard, who was the first Dispatcher.
Attesting to the high quality of Hitchcock's Volunteer Fire Department, fire departments in larger neighboring communities have long envied the VFD equipment and for a generation, Hitchcock citizens have enjoyed lower home insurance rates than citizens of neighboring communities thanks to Hitchcock's Volunteer Fire Department.
FIRE CHIEF: Butch Edwards
7002 2nd street
Hitchcock Texas, 77563