Where is the Utility Billing service window?
The Utility Billing service window is located in the City Hall Building at 7423 Hwy 6.

What are your hours of operation?
Our normal hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm. Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.

What is the phone number for a Utility Billing service representative?
The phone number is (409)986-5591.

Can I contact a Utility Billing service representative via Email?
Yes, the email address is cmoresco@cityofhitchcock.org.

What are the requirements for starting new water, sewer, and garbage service?
Applicants must go to the Utility Billing service window and fill out a contract in person. 
A deposit is due at the time of the service request.
     $250.00 for Residential
     $500.00 for Commercial
     $50.00 for Garbage only
Residential deposits are refundable after 12 months of good pay history and must be requested in writing.
Commercial deposits are released upon termination of the account if the account is paid in full.

Can I have water service without garbage service?
No. City ordinance requires garbage service for each residential account with water service.

If I am not in my home and mot using water or garbage services, can I have a refund?
No. All active contracts are billed for services. If you will be out of your home for an extended period of time, you can request to terminate your services. To reinstate service, you will be required to pay a service fee and deposit as described above.

I moved. Why am I still getting a bill?
When you sign up for service with the City, you agree to pay for services rendered at the particular address. If you do not notify us that you are moving and desire to terminate services, we will continue to bill you unless the new occupant comes in to open an account and initiate service. Even if you move, you are contractually responsible for charges at the address until services are terminated.

When is my bill due?

Payments are due at the end of each month (see payment schedule).

Where can I pay?
We have several payment options available to you.

  • You can pay in person at the Utility Billing service window.
  • If you receive a paper bill in the mail, you can mail your payment to : City of Hitchcock  7423 Hwy 6   Hitchcock, TX 77563.
  • You can pay online using a credit card (one-time or recurring) by clicking the following link: Pay Online Now
  • You can pay over the phone using a credit card: 833-282-0826.
  • You can sign up for automatic bank payment drafts. The form is located here: Click here to sign up
  • You may drop off your payment at the Utility Payments box in the parking lot of City Hall at 7423 Hwy 6   Hitchcock, TX. 

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept cash, personal checks, money orders, and most major credit cards. 

Can I receive my bill via email?
Yes, you are encouraged to sign up for e-billing to receive a PDF copy of your bill via email instead of a paper copy of your bill.  Call City Hall to set up emailed bills at (409)986-5591.

Is my meter read every month?
Yes, each month meters are read for billing purposes. Most meters are electronic smart meters which are read automatically without a person needing to gather a manual reading.

Does the City of Hitchcock make any leak/pool filling adjustments?
The City does not reduce water bills due to leaks or any type of pool filling. The account holder is responsible for any water that has passed through and registered on the meter.
Leak adjustments, when approved, can be given on only the sewer portion of your utility bill. Leak adjustments are not given for pools, sprinkler systems, faucet leaks, or any leaks inside the home.

What are the City's water and sewer rates?
Click the link for the City's water and sewer rates: City Water and Sewer Rates

What is winter averaging?
Your water meter measures your monthly water use, but there is no meter on your wastewater line. During the winter months, residential customers use the least amount of water with almost all water usage going directly into the sanitary sewer system, so the metered water usage is a good indicator of wastewater. In the summer months, there is significantly more water usage that does not go into the sanitary sewer system, such as water used watering lawns, filling swimming pools, and washing cars. Each year we calculate a typical month’s wastewater usage by averaging the winter months and we use that usage as your wastewater volume for billing throughout the remainder of the year. Typically, this results in substantial savings for residents during the summer months.

I think I may have a leak. How can I tell?
The City will send a door hanger notification if our system alerts us to any notable changes in your water usage. This could help you determine if you have a potential leak.