BakerRipley accepting applications for 2023 Utilities Assistance Program to help pay for electric, water and gas bills. What you should know:
BakerRipley announced it is now accepting applications for its 2023 Utilities Assistance Program, according to a release.
The company’s $15.2 million Direct Assistance Fund will be used to help eligible groups pay for their electric, water and gas bills.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and a resident in Harris, Brazoria or Galveston County.
- Applicants must also share a copy of their utility bill with BakerRipley and provide proof of income.
- Applications will be processed in the order they are received and could take up to eight weeks to process, according to the company. The assistance funds are paid directly to the utility vendor on the applicant’s behalf.
** How to apply**
Residents can apply online or download the application through the BakerRipley website. To request an application via mail, please contact the Utility Assistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 or the United Way of Greater Houston Helpline at 211 or 713-957-4357.
For more information on BakerRipley’s Utility Assistance Program, https://www.bakerripley.org/.../utility-assistance-program
Our Utility Assistance program helps families and individuals in Brazoria, Galveston and Harris counties with the payment of electricity, gas and water bills. Those interested in applying can do so by downloading an application or applying online. Start the process below:
Brazoria, Galveston, and Harris counties:
Click link to download application – English or Spanish
Click link to apply online https://ceap.bakerripley.org/portal/
To request an application via mail please contact the Utility Assistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 or the United Way of Greater Houston Helpline at 2-1-1 or 713-957-4357.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a resident of Brazoria, Galveston, or Harris counties
- Must show proof of identity for all household members – current/valid Texas Driver’s
- Must provide proof of Citizenship or legal residency for all household members – U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Meet the income requirements (click here to see income guidelines)
Must provide proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older - such as employer gross wages, Social Security, Unemployment, SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Adoption Subsidies, Food Stamp Award Letter, Retirement, V.A. Disability, etc.
- Must provide a copy of electric bill
- Must provide a copy of current gas bill (if applicable)
- Must provide a copy of current water bill (if applicable)
M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Utility Assistance Hotline hours are listed. Please note that this site does not take walk-in appointments or provide applications. Please call the Utility Assistance Hotline at 713-590-2327 for questions about the program.