Hitchcock Contact Information

Hitchcock City Hall
7423 Hwy. 6
P.O. Box 48
Hitchcock, Texas 77563
409-986-6903 Fax

Hitchcock Mayor

Hitchcock City Administrator

Hitchcock City Secretary

Hitchcock Permitting & Inspections

Hitchcock Planning & Zoning

Hitchcock Water & Sewer

Hitchcock Police Station

6815 2nd Street
Hitchcock, Texas 77563
409-986-9246 Fax

Hitchcock Police Chief

Hitchcock Municipal Court

Hitchcock Code Compliance/Fire Marshal

Hitchcock Volunteer Fire Department

  • 409-986-7131
  • 7002 2nd Street

Hitchcock, Texas 77563

Hitchcock IDC – Economic Development

Hitchcock, Texas 77563

Hitchcock Chamber of Commerce

How to start a business in Galveston County

File an Assumed Name (D.B.A.) with the County Clerk in the county(s) in which the business is to be located and/or will conduct business

Corporations and corporate documents are filed with the Secretary of State in Austin. You can contact the Secretary of State at (512) 463-5578 or visit their web site at www.sos.state.tx.us. Upon filing in Austin,
the D.B.A. is then filed with the County Clerk’s Office.

Information on other County, State and Federal Agencies

For the Regulatory Assistance Program concerning licenses or permits, contact the Economic Development and Tourism-Small Business Division in Austin:
(512) 936-0101.

To obtain a State Sales Tax ID#, contact the State Comptroller at (713) 426-8200, (713) 777-1881 or (281) 820-6055, or visit their web site at www.window.state.tx.us/.

To obtain a Business Tax Kit and other publications, call I.R.S. at (800) 829-3676

A Federal Tax ID# is available through the I.R.S. Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933

Workers Compensation Information contact Texas Worker’s Compensation & Texas Department of Insurance at (800) 372-7713. For Unemployment benefits,
contact the Texas Workforce Commission at (512) 463-2222 or visit their web site at www.twc.state.tx.us/.

Contact the County Health Department for a business involved in food preparation at: (409) 938-2300 or (409) 938-2411